Our wedding was wonderfully captured by James Stokes Photography, which all of the wedding images on this post were taken by.
We were also featured by The Budget Savvy Bride and Woodsy Weddings.

The detail I am sharing today is my wedding shoes!
I wanted shoes that would be appropriate for winter and have the fairytale feel I wanted for the wedding.
I could not find what I wanted online, so I decided to make my own!
I started with a $5.99 pair of shoes I got at Saint Vincent De Paul thrift store in Appleton. I then purchased a white spray paint, white pearl finish acrylic paint, clear coat paint, and flat back pearls from a craft store.
- I started by spray painting the shoes with the white paint. This acted as a primer.
- Next, I painted over it with the pearl finish paint for the shiny effect.
- I sealed the shoes with the clear coat paint to protect it. After all, I would be going out in the snow with them! This step could be optional.
- After it dried, I used E6000 glue to attach the flat backed pearls to the entire heel and trim of the shoe. I followed the natural pattern the shoe had already.
- Lastly, I took out the leather lace and used a plastic craft-pearl-strand to lace the shoes.
It took a lot of time to get just right, but I was very happy with the outcome! Overall, the shoes cost me less than $20!
The next post will be about my brooch bouquet!

They were beatifully thrifty - good job
ReplyDeleteI am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteสเปรย์นาโน
This is a great write-up. Thank you for spending some time to describe all of this out for folks. It really is a great help! get redirected here
ReplyDelete